CLASS TITLE: Assistant Treasurer
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Treasurer
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex work within the department; assists in department procedures and processes as assigned. Work varies somewhat within established standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting involving prolong sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting up to 35#s (greater with assistance), and walking;
- Must possess the ability to communicate both orally and in writing, hear and speak clearly with clarity;
- Must possess valid Montana Operator’s license;
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
- Work performed may include a wide variety of specialized clerical duties such as filing, typing, data processing, answering telephones and customer service;
- Accepting payments for property taxes and motor vehicle transactions, updating customer, vehicle and property records, responding to mail and email transactions;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PERFORM SPECIFIC DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS
in accordance with generally accepted practices that may include:
- Collecting and accounting for funds over the counter, daily balancing of money received, receipting of mailed payments, data entry into the computer, and making daily deposits of monies received;
- Balances checks, cash, and credit cards to daily reports;
- Issuing of vehicle titles, vehicle licensing, and registration of motor vehicles;
- Codes/sorts tax and motor vehicle mail transactions and prepares paperwork for processing;
- Sorts, date stamps and distributes department mail;
- Issuing a variety of permits and licenses including single movement permits and temporary registration permits (TRPs);
- Prepares monthly reports including General Ledger Trial Balance, Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursements, Cash Reports, Expenditure vs. Appropriation Report, and Actual vs. Estimated Revenue Report;
- Prepares routine daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports, and may routinely receive funds; CLASS TITLE: Assistant Treasurer (continued)
SUPERVISION – RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS: None
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent; PLUS
- Two (2) years of experience in an office setting and some computer skills required, bookkeeping and accounting experience helpful;
- Must possess a valid Montana Operator’s License.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Waiting on customers, responding to inquiries, performing assigned duties accurately, efficiently, and following established standards and procedures;
- Work may include the daily balancing of actual money received and preparation of receipts for all mailed payments daily, and daily enter customer payments;
- Responsible for materials and equipment requiring care;
- Position requires constant contact with public and/or fellow employees, requiring tact and diplomacy, and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public;
- Upholds county statutes and state laws through all transactions;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public;
- Prepares accurate and timely report for State, Federal, IRS, and budgeting purposes;
- Performs all other duties as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform any non-essential job function.